Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fickle

When I was waddling around with the little one in my tummy months ago, we were constantly peppered with 'kindly' advice. We should put the dogs out when the baby comes, not good for the baby, etc etc.

We smiled and nodded, which was a lot easier than going into a spiel about how the dogs were my only consolation all that time ago when Daddy worked away, how they kept me company and consoled me with their boundless love (and idiotic tendencies) and how they kept us sane throughout.

We nodded at everyone and anyone with the same advice over and over again, which came up to roughly a gazillion nods.

Our plan was wait and see when the baby comes. If he had negative medical reaction to the tyrants and all their fur, then we would have to put them out or at least separate them. Thankfully he did not.

Recently we attended a few gatherings, and more than one person remarked upon how friendly and un-fussy the little one is. "Must be result of growing up with dogs", they ooh-ed and aah-ed and coo-ed.

I smiled at that, when actually I so very badly wanted to smirk.
Fickle people!



5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhh!

What a great shot!

Seriously, we Sibes are great with little peoples! Mom doesn't know if my other people had any BUT if I see kids of ANY age I MUST go see them!

We are proud of your intelligence!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

blatant said...

wah lau weh... your baby so besar liao... heheh.. and i'm sure the dogs love the kid a lot too.. =)

erwinator said...

you have a lot of nice looking dogs. your lucky they're gentle and close with each other. we have to pitbulls and it gets bloody when they're together you could just imagine. haha

I think its good to expose your baby to dogs. When he grows up he'll develop a special understanding with them and be good at raising dogs as well :-)

Unknown said...

It would have been so cool to have grown up with dog brothers instead of with a brother who's a dog(don't tell him I said that, lol).Wikus will make for an awesome wolfboy!

Fred said...

Awesome!

Tales of the furry, scrunchie-eating, lovable tyrant.