I came down from work last Friday to be presented with this absolute mess.
That's fine polystyrene bits from the poor star. The star was sitting pretty on top of the shelf, but Togo has grown enough to reach it.
Polystyrene is poisonous. And of course Togo ate some. A quick (panicked) call to the vet told us to monitor him for vomiting or dizziness, but the tyrant seemed fine. He passed interesting white poop the next day, but otherwise Togo is okay.
We've cleared the top of the shelfs of harmful things. Togo has nothing to chew but the shelves themselves now, which is having a go at with gusto.